National Adult Day Services Week has been celebrated annually since it was proclaimed on September 27, 1983, by former President Ronald Reagan. The third complete week of September is set aside to raise awareness of the availability and accessibility of adult day care programs nationwide.
National Adult Day Services Week provides an opportunity to showcase the services and programs provided by adult day service providers to meet the needs and enhance the lives of participants through adult day services. Highlight your activities and let everyone in your community know about the services provided by adult day care centers such as yours. Here are some pointers from NADSA (National Adult Day Services Association):
- Consider highlighting employees and volunteers who make service delivery possible.
- Interview and share stories with the media from families and participants who live better as a result of utilizing adult day services.
- Tell how your center provides enhancement in programming – Doing well in Adult Day Services; implementing person-centered practices
- Demonstrate how your center works well, e.g. fiscal wellness; boarding wellness; staffing wellness; investing in professional development; strategic planning to prepare for changing health care environment
- Promote Self Care/Staff Care – Being well with unplugging; scheduled vacations; grief management for losses we experience; yoga / exercise / diet / meditation
- Describe care for participants and care for their family caregivers – How ADS enhances life for both groups; How to assist family caregivers; serving diverse populations.
Carevium Adult Day Care Service Software
Carevium, on its part, has reach out to many Adult Day Care Service Centers and educated how the Adult Day Care Software can make their life simple – by reducing paperwork, increasing efficiency, reducing cost, increasing client / family satisfaction, and improving quality of client care.
If you are still depending on paper and pencil or using a legacy software program, now is the time to take a look at Carevium and enable your staff provide compassionate care to the clients.
Adult Day Services
Adult Day Services provide a coordinated program of services, including social, health, nutrition, functional assistance, and activities designed to enhance health and well-being. Through these services they enable functional and cognitively impaired adults to receive needed care and services in their communities.
Adult Day Service Centers offer participants opportunities for enriching experiences outside the home, building a sense of purpose, and improving their quality of life. The centers provide professional and compassionate services for these adults.